In January 2015, Citizenship and Immigration Canada have launched a new electronic system called Express Entry to manage applications for permanent residence in certain economic programs.
Express Entry will allow skilled immigrants to electronically provide information to the government regarding their education, skills, work experience and language proficiency as well as other biographical data.
Express Entry program will allow the Canadian government to actively recruit, assess and select skilled immigrants under the following federal economic immigration programs:
- Federal Skilled Worker Program
- Federal Skilled Trades Program
- Canadian Experience Class
- Selected Provincial Nominees
Two major steps are required for fulfilling the Express Entry program:
- Potential candidates must complete an online Express Entry profile and a Job Bank – Service Canada profile.
- Citizenship and Immigration Canada, and employers, will invite certain candidates to apply for permanent residence and process their electronic application through one of the above programs.