Permanent Resident Card renewal

Applying for your first card, renewals, and appeals for residency challenges abroad

If you are a Canadian Resident and you wish to travel abroad you need to establish a valid identity (passport) at the Port of Entry and then as you re-enter Canada.  The Permanent Residency Card is valid for a five year period, after which it has to get renewed.  At Work Immigration can assist you in the process of obtaining your card for the first time, and in apply to extend your current one.

If, for any reason, you have spent a considerable amount of time outside of Canada since acquiring your residency status, especially within the first five years period, you may need special counselling prior to applying to extend your Permanent Residency Card or attempt to enter Canada.

If your card has already expired, and you are outside of Canada, you may want to know your rights!

For more information contact At Work Immigration at or call 647.657.1611.